A Third Thought
As I write, I begin to wonder where this is going. Like life, even this should have direction, a purpose, a focus. I think people often get into trouble and lose their way or become depressed with life because they lack purpose. they simply go through life or they believe life is just there to gain status or possessions . Even in youth, I never saw this as a focus for life. I drifted for years, never really knowing what life was about, at least for myself, but I did know what it wasn't. I quickly dismissed the goals of the rich and the ego, the proud and the mighty. Even as a child I saw more value in those who were honorable men and women, who cared about others and who lived in a manner that, whether they realized it or not, brought service to other people.
So without conscious intent I drifted into public activity, first in teaching inner-city children and eventually in governmental employment. For much of my life I had always placed my focus on others who meant something to me, my wife, my children, parents, and such. Eventually religion returned to me and some of that focus shifted. Now I understand better what that purpose is, what the question is that I must answer: what have I done with the gift You have given me?
So without conscious intent I drifted into public activity, first in teaching inner-city children and eventually in governmental employment. For much of my life I had always placed my focus on others who meant something to me, my wife, my children, parents, and such. Eventually religion returned to me and some of that focus shifted. Now I understand better what that purpose is, what the question is that I must answer: what have I done with the gift You have given me?
Once I began to understand that focus and to work toward answering that qustion, life became much more relaxing. surely the pitfalls did not disappear and the epp and flow of the years continue on as before , but yet the stress and strain became so much easier to bear.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home